How to backup phone is a simple easy to use guide on how to backup your phone we have several guides for several devices, and we are adding more all the time.
Creating a backup of your phone data keeps you safe, just in case the worst happens. Making backups and restoring your data from a backup is made easy with an Apple account, Google account, Samsung Account or with a trusted backup app. You can even set your phone to create backups automatically, ensuring that your data is secure around the clock.
As there are several and perhaps hundreds of different phones out there we have put a guide together that's simple and the most update guide you'll find on the web.
So if you're facing trouble with losing family photos and precious memories because you don't fully understand how to backup your phone, this guide is for you, it's simple and to the point.
So Far we have guides for Apple, Samsung, Google & Huawei Phones
How to backup iPhone / iPad Devices
To backup an Apple device perform the following steps.
Please check that you have enough available space in iCloud
for the backup. When you sign in to iCloud, you get 5GB of iCloud storage for free. If you need more iCloud storage, you can buy more from your Device.
So to begin follow these steps:
- Make sure your device is connected to WiFi
- Open Settings
- Click Your Name at the top of the settings screen
- Select iCloud
- Scroll down the list of options until you find iCloud Backup
- All the options you see are what's included to be backed up to your icloud account.
- so you can deselect certain things from being included if it is taking up to much space
- Select iCloud Backup
- Toggle It too On.
- Click Backup Now to begin backing up your device, it will go much quick when connected to a WiFi network.
Voila, that's it your apple device will start backing up whenever it can.
You can also view all your data across your Apple devices by visiting icloud.com
and signing in with the same account you use on the Apple device (The account you use to buy stuff with)
Restoring your Apple device is even easier, all you have to do is sign in on your Apple device with the same account information and if
a backup exsist on iCloud it will show what backups it has availble, select which yours from the list, and then leave your phone to restore, can take some time depending on how much stuff you have.
Reference: Apple Docs
How to Backup Samsung Devices
To get started with Samsung
devices, perform these simple steps:
- Open Settings
- Tap Accounts and Backup
- Scroll down to Backup and Restore
- Tap Backup Up Data
- It will go through what you want to backup simply select everything to be sure.
- And Click Back up.
That's it, your Samsung device will start to back up periodically.
It's a good idea to note the email account association with your backup so then if you ever lose your phone, you can find it by going to Find My Mobile
which allows you to locate and block your phone from being used so you can recover it
Reference: Samsung Docs
How to Backup Google Devices
You can back up content, data and settings from your phone to your Google account. You can also restore your backed-up information to your phone.
Restoring data depends on the phone and Android version. You can't restore a backup from a higher Android version on to a phone running an older Android version.
To back up your Google Pixel devices perform the following steps:
- Open settings
- Scroll down the System
- Select Backup
- Slide 'Back up to Google Drive' to the on position
- Here you can also see which account your phone / data is being backed up to, as you'll need to sign with this account on your new device to restore the back up.
That's It it will start backing up every so often when it has access to a wifi connection
If you have never done a backup before it would be a good idea to find a fast internet connection and before a backup.
If you ever lose your phone type 'Find my phone' in google if you're using the same account
as what your google device is using then it should show a map with the last location of your device, or head to Google Find My Device
Reference: Google Docs
How to Backup Huawei Devices
Back up your files easily, meaning you'll never lose your data again. Huawei provides phone backup and Huawei HiSuite, a comprehensively way of protecting your data.
With so many useful tools, how should you choose the one most suited to your needs? When your phone has an SD card installed, it is recommended that you use Huawei's backup feature, which allows you to easily back up your contacts, photos, and all your apps and their data.
What if you don't have an SD card or a new phone? Don't worry: There is always HiSuite, allowing you to save your data to your computer. Once you have repaired your phone you can recover your data.
To backup Huawei Devices follow these easy steps.
- Open the backup app it will be on the home screen or in a folder.
- Click backup
- Now unfortunately your limited to what you can backup to there isn't a cloud account so you have the following options:
- SD Card
- Internal Storage
- USB Storage
- It would be best to backup to an SD card if you have one but not everyone does, so plugin it to your computer using the supplied USB cable you got with your device would be a good start.
- On the next screen you get to pick what is included in the backup
- After that you can optionally set a password for your backup.
- Click next and the backup will begin to your chosen location.
Now seen as Huawei is having difficulty allowing users to install google applications the next approach would be to use cloud storage solutions such as Dropbox
Reference Huawei Docs